The parish of All Saints’, Winnipeg, is hiring a full-time Church Administrator.
Reporting directly to the Rector, the Church Administrator provides supports to Honorary Assistants, our four Wardens (lay leaders), the Music Minister, the Treasurer, the Property Committee Chair and other committee chairs and ministry coordinators.
- Handles reception duties for all visitors and callers and responds to queries in a timely manner
- Produces all forms, lists, written and graphic/presentation materials required for worship or for the Rector
- Co-ordinates rosters for worship ministries
- Updates the website and liaises with the Communications Ministry Team Coordinator and the webmaster on changes, improvements
- Liaises and provides support to the Custodian and the Chairs of the Property and Special Projects Group regarding reported problems, contracts and contractors, including keeping a log of all service persons who come to the property
- Performs regular basic bookkeeping tasks, monthly bank reconciliations and monthly statements with oversight from the Treasurer
- Generates, compiles and distributes reports
- Prepares and distributes Minutes at the Annual General Meeting, Corporation and Vestry meetings
- Co-ordinates and maintains the church calendar with St benedict’s table and other users/renters of our facilities
- Handles bookings and rentals for weddings and co-ordinates support with the wedding host contact
- Manages the office, including the office budget, ordering, and maintaining equipment and supplies, keys, filing, and mail
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma
- Three years’ experience in a related capacity preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and donor relations and website management software
- Excellent written, verbal, digital communication (updating website) and information management skills
- Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping skills
- Ability to communicate with compassion, sensitivity, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to handle competing demands with good judgement and tact
- Knowledge of the Anglican Church structure and culture is an asset
- Monday to Friday, approximately 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- September 1 to May 31 – 35 hours per week
- June 1 to August 30 – 28 hours per week
- Work is expected to be done in the office 5 days per week. Accommodation will be made for COVID restrictions or other compelling reasons
- Moderate overtime
- Work Location: 521 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 1B9
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary – $20 to $25 an hour (equivalent to $40,000 to $50,000 per annum)
- Pension and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Benefits package negotiable
- Paid vacation, terms negotiable
Download the full job description.
Please forward your application (resume and cover letter) to:
Carl Harrison, Human Resources Ministry at [email protected] by February 24, 2021.