Are you interested in writing about the intersections of culture and the Anglican faith? Would you like to gain experience in faith-based reporting in your local community? The Rupert’s Land News is recruiting for a Reporter-At-Large to join our RLN team!
The RLN Reporter-At-Large will contribute one major news story to the RLN monthly magazine. This is a paid term position based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The position begins in January 2022 and ends in June 2022.
About Rupert’s Land News:
Rupert’s Land News is the main communication tool for the Diocese of Rupert’s Land. Since 2014, RLN has evolved and achieved status as an award-winning publication in faith journalism. We publish 10 digital monthly issues per year from September to June. Each issue focuses on one topic designed to challenge readers’ faith in a deeper way; past topics have included Art, Disability, Transitions, Myth, and Prison-Writers. Our team, comprised of a part-time editor, external designer, advertising manager, and volunteer advisory board, strives to be innovative in the ways we serve multiple demographics within the Diocese of Rupert’s Land and the larger faith community.
- The RLN Reporter-At-Large will be responsible for researching and writing one faith-based feature story for our monthly magazine. This contribution will be more than just a news story but will serve as a voice for difficult or challenging topics in the diocese, providing valuable insight or opinion to a larger conversation.
- Each story will ideally tie into the given theme of our monthly issue, and focus on
- stories that are specific to the diocese and individual parishes, or
- stories that are part of a larger cultural conversation and intersect with life in the diocese.
- The RLN Reporter-At-Large will report directly to the RLN Editor, meeting once a month to pitch stories and collaborate on ideas. RLN publishes 10 monthly issues per year, but the RLN Reporter-At-Large will begin in January 2022. They will be responsible for producing 5 articles (from February to June 2022) within the 2021-2022 publication cycle.
- This is a term student position. Salary will be paid out per story, at $300/story.
- Excellent writing skills
- Interest in faith-based reporting and storytelling
- Interest in topical issues facing religious communities today
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be a student enrolled in a post-secondary institution
Submit your application to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please include a resume, cover letter, and writing sample in your application package. The writing sample should demonstrate your story-telling ability.
The RLN Reporter-At-Large position is made possible through the generosity of The Anglican Foundation of Canada.